Come connettersi a ILO in un server Proliant
If you need to upgrade a hp server with an iso file, such as Service Pack for Proliant or Intelligent Provisioning Recovery Media, you can not use generic software to create the usb key with the iso. You must use the HPE USB Key Utility for Windows / Linux.
Instructions for Windows
Download the file (link above) and run the installation.
In the c:\Program Files\usbkey folder, run the usbkey.exe file to create your iso on usb stick.
If the startup of your hp server crashes with this message
Power and Thermal Calibration in Progress…
Disconnect all USB cables (no keyboard and mouse) and turn on the server again.
- Select Manage > Utilities > Disk Drive Utilities > Clear Metadata. An enclosure view is displayed in which only Leftover and Available drives are selectable. Available drives are considered to have had their metadata cleared, but are selectable in case a drive with partial metadata has been inserted into the system.
- Select the drives whose metadata you want to clear.
- Click Clear Metadata For Selected Disk Drives
Re-Join Physical Disk to VDisk RAID
- In the HP MSA Storage Management Utility, Right click on the affected vdisk and select Configuration > Manage Dedicated Spares
- Your disk should appear in the list of available drives with a state of AVAIL. Tick the drive, then click the Modify Spares button.
- The disk will be re-joined to the array. Initially it may be listed as a spare, but the MSA will automatically re-join the disk as an active member of the RAID if this is how it was originally configured.
- The array will begin the Reconstruction process automatically. This can take a very long time depending on the size of your drives.
- In this situation, original SPARE has now become AVAIL. So, re-add this AVAIL disk as SPARE using above steps. After setting this as spare – this disk will now show a status of: VDISKSP or SPARE