We had a problem downloading folders using Onedrive web. Under some conditions the download of a folder stops or the result does not contain all the files of the source folder.
When we contacted Microsoft, we learned that there is a limit on downloading folders using Onedrive web:
- The folder cannot contain more than 50,000 files
- The single file cannot exceed 15GB in size.
Microsoft recommends using Onedrive client.
A colleague of yours shared a folder with you through OneDrive; you can see this folder through the web portal but you also want to see it in the local list of your OneDrive folders.
- Sign on https://portal.office.com
- Select the OneDrive tile.
- Select Shared from the menu on the left, on the top.
- See, on the right, the whole list of folders shared with you
- Select the folder you wish to sync and select Sync
- Once the local synchronization is finished, the folder appears under your OneDrive folder on your computer