If in your host you have installed more than one instance of Sql Server you need to start “Sql server Browser” Service. Instead, a default instance of SQL Server doesn’t require SQL Server Browser service.
To install Veem Backup and Replication on Windows 2012 server, you need :
- Sql server 2014 Exprees
- Net Framework 3.5 (install it directly from your windows server). Necessary for Sql server Managment Studio 2014
- Sql server managment studio 2014
- From Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014 Feature Pack (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42295), you have to download and install
- MICROSOFT® REPORT VIEWER 2015 RUNTIME
- Windows 10 Universal C Runtime
if, during installation of Sql Server 2008 you have this error : Performance counter registry hive consistency check failed
Open a command prompt with administrator user rights (Run as Administrator)
cd c;/windows/system32 lodctr /R:PerfStringBackup.INI
Restart the system and try again to install sqlserver
Open a command prompt with administrator user rights (Run as Administrator). Lunch install without that feature
C:\MyFolder\SQLEXPR_x86.exe /ACTION=install /SKIPRULES=PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck
SSIS and SSDT on SQL SERVER 2014
SSIS is not present on Sql Server 2014. To create Integration Service packages, you must download and install SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
You will also use this tool to convert SSIS packages created with Sql Server 2008 into the new project format.
Connect to Oracle from SSDT on SQL SERVER 2014
To connect to Oracle through ADO.NET in the SSDT environment, you must install an Oracle client. You’re definitely working on a 64-bit machine. You must download the 32-bit client and install it by choosing the “Administrative” installation type.