File Explorer, the program you use to view folders and files crashes. The whole computer appears to be frozen.
Hit Windows+R to open the Run box. Type in
cmd to search for Command Prompt. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator on the menu.
Type this sequence of commands
- Type netsh in Command Prompt > press Enter.
- Type winsock in Command Prompt > hit Enter.
- Type reset in Command Prompt > hit Enter.
To run a Control Panel tool in Windows, type the appropriate command in the Open box or at a command prompt.
|Add New Hardware control add new hardware||sysdm.cpl|
|Add/Remove Programs control||appwiz.cpl|
|Date/Time Properties control||timedate.cpl|
|Display Properties control||desk.cpl|
|Internet Properties control||inetcpl.cpl|
|Keyboard Properties control||main.cpl|
|Microsoft Exchange control||mlcfg32.cpl|
|Mouse Properties control||main.cpl|
|Multimedia Properties control||mmsys.cpl|
|Network Properties control||netcpl.cpl or ncpa.cpl,|
|PC Card control pc card (PCMCIA)||main.cpl|
|Regional Settings control||intl.cpl|
|Sound Properties control sounds||mmsys.cpl|
|System Properties control||sysdm.cpl|
You are using a Windows machine with a non-administrator user and you need to install a program. you select “Run As Administrator” and the form for entering credentials is not displayed. This happens because you have disabled the UAC (User Account Control).
I advise you : never to deactivate it because it is a component that takes care of the security of your system; practically, it’s the component that takes care of asking you for confirmation when you’re performing some special operation on your computer.
How to reactivate it?
- Disconnect this account and reconnect with an administrator user.
- Select “Change user account and control settings”
- In the “User Account Control Settings” window, drag the slider from bottom (disabled) to second level
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
To check if the GPO has been applied to the client, follow the steps below:
- open command prompt with privilege of Administrator
- gpupdate /force
- gpresult /h C:\report.html
Now examine the file report.html
Windows Firewall rule